Is our New Mayor the right choice.

Monday, February 15, 2010

My First 10K

This past Sunday marked my first 10k run / walk. With a rotating cycle of 10 minutes run, 1 minute walk I finished my first 10K in about 80 minutes. Thanks to Brent for the continuous push particularly at that &^%^%^&*(*()_ hill at the 5k mark and that last K back in, both of which are not fun.

Still 10 weeks to go to Vancouver so I think that maybe that 2 1/2 hour target time for the 1/2 marathon will be achievable.

This week was a mix of 5k on Tuesday, 3k on Wednesday, a miss on Thursday for me, 4k on Friday to make up for Thursday, 3k on Saturday and the big 10k on Sunday. The grand total for this week was 25k. Wow, this is more that the total distance.

The upcoming week is not a lot different than this week other than Wednesday which starts off the hill training. First week it is 3 times up and down the hills. Need to wait and see what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment