Is our New Mayor the right choice.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Run is Done !

OK, so I lost track of time and missed about 6 weeks worth of updates but now I can report that the run is done and I made it.


Race started promptly at 07:00, rain started at about 06:58 and continued through the race until about 11:00 after which it turned into a relatively nice day.

Race went well with a 1:24 to the 1/2 way point up into Stanley Park, Prospect Point (the highest point inthe race) came in at the 13 km mark and then it was a long 2.5. to 3.0 km downhill into Second Beach and English Bay and then flat as a rail past that.



Feeling my most optimistic a 2:45 overall was possible but as you can see from the attached time it was a lot closer to 2:57 that I finished in.

The race went reasonably well but I was disappointed that at about 19 km my hip started acting up and I ended up walking the last two km's but running the last 100m. Need to look good at the end for sure.

Official Results are:
==============
Rank 6006
Placed 238th out of 249 in the Male 50-54 Division
Overall Time: 2:56:44
Pace of 13:29 minutes / mile or 8:05 minutes / km





My thanks to my brother Robert for his hours of dedication, motivation and support through the past 4 months of training and the race. His race suffered a ton working and pacing me and I so much appreciate his time and care.

2 comments: