Is our New Mayor the right choice.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Not my Best Week

Still carrying some of the lingering effects of a chest cold started the week out on Tuesday with a 4k tempo run, and then a miss on Wednesday due to work responsibilities and then on Thursday a 3K steady run which I stretched out to a 4K.

On Friday no running but a workout with Chad (turns out that it was the first one since mid November) and I was in for a treat. I do hate it when Chad gets new toys but today it was a new Kettle Bell.

Trying to remember what this one was all about, first we (I) did some lateral movements, touching the bell on either side of the body and swinging the bell between, followed by vertical swings (up motion with kettle bell, followed by standing tricep curls, something called Turkish stand up / sit downs or something similar (laying on the ground with kettle bell in hand, bend the same leg as the hand holding the kettle bell, other arm out to the side; using the free arm as leverage push yourself to a sitting position, bridge up and bring straight leg underneath and then stand, follow this by ? and ? and repeat too many times.

Felt OK after this but the next day my neck hurt like hell. Didn,t think much was happening here but boy was I wrong.

Saturday was supposed to be a run day but I missed this one as well.

Sunday was a planned 9k. Didnt quite get there but got close. My intention was to get up in the AM, drive out to Glenmore landing and join the running room for a job but I was late so I drove out, ran 3k west to the turn around and then back to glenmore landing, from here I went North to Heritage park and back so I think about 7.5 k in all.

Total for the week was 15.5. Got to do better.

Next week looks like 25 total so here we go. This will be the last week for steady runs and tempos, after this we start the hills on Wednesday. Not looking forward to this at all.

Lovin Runnin !!

No comments:

Post a Comment